(10:00 AM – 7:00 PM. Monday – Saturday)
Emergency Numbers: +91-9811552453
Address: 329 Plot No 3, Vardhman Dwarkadhish, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi, India, 110075.
Located in the north east part of state, Khajuraho is the historic town in Chhatarpur District Madhya Pradesh. The small town Khajuraho has surprisingly highest group of medieval Hindu along with Jain temples and popular erotic sculptures, which are collectively known as Khajuraho Group of Monuments. It is listed as the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Historically, the city was the cultural capital of one of the Hindu Dynasties namely Chandel Rajputs during the period of about 10 to 12 century and the temples were built during the period of 950 to 1150 AD. The entire area of Khajuraho was surrounded by walls; there were eight originates and each one of them flanked by two golden Palm trees. Besides, there are more than 80 Hindu temples, which illustrate the model of Indian architecture. Most of the temples are constructed of sandstone; constructor did not use any mortar rather stones were jointed masterly and placed in gravity. So, the architecture is became example of its own kind.
Outside the Khajuraho temples, carving works on wall have been done magnificently; all the art works illustrate some sexual and erotic images and sculptures. Some temples have this art work in two layers. These paintings are definitely not belongs to god rather portray the common people and their life. Along with the sexual activities, the art and paintings also depict the daily life of the people such as musicians, potters, farmers, women doing makeup and many more.
To maintain and conserve the Khajuraho temples are set in a parkland landscape. It has also been adorned with professional light and show almost every evening; in the show, the story of past Khajuraho is being shown. However, these shows have been shown in both the languages first in English and second in Hindi. In addition, Khajuraho Dance Festival has also been performed here during the first week of February of every year. During this time, you can have opportunity to see various classical dances of India at one place i.e. Vishwanath Temples.
• Chausath Yogini Temple
• Kandariya Mahadev Temple
• Lakshmana Temple Khajuraho
• Lakshmi and Varaha Temple
• Vishvanath and Nandi Temple
• Brahma and Hanuman Temple
• Javari Temple Khajuraho
• Parsvanath Temple
• Archaelogical Museum
• Panna National Park: Home of Leopards, Gharials, Wolves, Wild Boars, Cheetals, Sloth Bear, Porcupines, Indian Foxes etc it is located merely at the distance of 30 minutes journey.
• Ken Gharial Sanctuary: Home of Chinkara, Chital, Wild Boar, peacock etc. it is located at the distance of about 24 km.
• Pandava Waterfalls: Located on the Ken River, Pandava Waterfalls is located at the distance of about 30 km away from Khajuraho. It is wonderful site for picnic and refreshment.
• Raneh Falls: Located on Ken River, at the distance of 20 kms from Khajuraho, Raneh Falls has pretty scenic landscape.
• Benisagar Lake: Beautiful picnic spot located at the distance of about 11 kms from Khajuraho.
• Ranguan Lakes: Located at the distance of about 25 kms from Khajuraho, it is ideal place for picnic.
By Air - Khajuraho is connected by flight from Delhi, Varanasi, Agra and Mumbai. However, connecting flights to Khajuraho are available from the globe with flight change at any of the listed airport.
By Train - There are not many trains to Khajuraho but have few trains from Delhi and Varanasi. Other nearest train stations to Khajuraho are Satna, Harpalpur but best among all is Jhansi Train station which is around 4 hrs drive away from Khajuraho.
By Road - Khajuraho is connected by road with rest of the country.
These itineraries give you a starting point for what your trip to India could entail. They cover routes we've found work particularly well and feature some of our favorite places to stay. Treat them as inspiration, as each trip is created uniquely for you.
Copyrights © 2019 Discovery Full Circle Tours. All Rights Reserved | Designed by Ojibix