No Travel Guide Available
No Attractions Available
The popular tour of the Golden Triangle includes the connectivity of the capital Delhi, Jaipur and Agra. It derives its name because of the triangle shape formed by the three locations connecting, at a distance of 200 km from one to another. If one needs to cover all the historical highlights, then nothing than a Golden Triangle Tour Package is ideal!
Golden Triangle Tour Highlights
- The Red Fort in Old Delhi and its eeriemethod of construction. The decapitated bodies of prisoners were built right into the building's structure!
- The Humayun's Tomb is a mid-16th-century tomb that is believed to have inspired the Taj Mahal.
- Jama Masjid, situated in Old Delhi, is India's largest and most sensational mosque. It can suit as much as 25,000 people.
- Qutab Minar complex, Delhi's mostimpressive ancient ruins UNESCO World Heritage Site, built out of red sandstone in the 13th century.
- The Taj Mahal is equally as incredible as you've heard. It's most definitely the city's biggest and also brightest tourist attraction.
- Agra's location on the Yamuna River makes it extremely attractive.
- Agra Fort, made from a striking combination of red sandstone and also marble, is one of the finest Mughal forts in India.
- The City Palace, located in the center of the Old City, is the current home to the former royal family and also an exceptional example of Mughal and Rajasthani architecture.
- Hawa Mahal is Jaipur's many iconic landmarks. Pink in color as well as delicately layered in design, this 18th century structure is among the city's real wonders.
- Jantar Mantar, an observatory built in the 18th century, is utilized to, easier the heavens with 20 astronomical instruments. The strange looking structure is ideal toured with a guide that can discuss the purpose of each architectural aspect.
India Golden Triangle Trip Packages
The Golden Triangle of India, comprises of Delhi at the center, Jaipur and Agra at the western and eastern extremities, thus, lying on the heart of north India. It is a land-locked area confined by the Himalaya Mountains in the north, the Great Indian or the Thar Desert in the west and the Aravalli hills in the south. To the eastern stretch the productive plains of the River Ganges, lie the lush fields of wheat, sugar cane, mustard as well as lentils. Delhi is the capital of India as well as likewise has the statue of a state. Jaipur is the capital of the state of Rajasthan and also Agra is the seat of the Taj Mahal and an important industrial as well as vacationer center in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
India's Golden Triangle refers to the 3 most prestigious tips of Northern India that is, New Delhi, Agra as well as Jaipur, which conveniently form a neat triangle on the map when clustered together. It's a golden one, however, due to the fact that the highlights, stop-offs as well as UNESCO World Heritage Sites on this circuit are valuable and prized: the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, the pink city of Jaipur, spectacular Delhi, places, forts, deserted cities ... Don't be put off by the concept of 'tick box' tourism, either-- it is a must say that all the Golden Triangle's sights are majestic places that one must explore for a unique visualization as well as memorable-- and make sure that you welcome this route if you're new to India. Inda is itself a vast, as well as diverse country and the Golden Triangle is an addition to the same to set it apart from others. Rather than the complete reception that is India, the Golden Triangle is the best part, with just the right balance of cultural sustenance, all provided in an extremely digestible week.
With the country’s independence in the year 1947, the Golden Triangle has become a crucial voice of the country’s politics. During the freedom struggle, Uttar Pradesh was the center of powerful Gandhian movements as well as after Independence the majority of India's prime ministers came from that state. Modern Day Jaipur is a shadow of its former glory, however, nonetheless stays an 'open-air museum' that displays the art and design of the once-powerful Rajput Kingdoms. Delhi's is located at the center is India's capital which tends to makes it a display for the country's highly split history and society. The 7 cities of Delhi (some say 15) comprise a long chain of historical city centers, of which New Delhi-- constructed by the British between 1911 and 1939-- is the most current.
The Golden Triangle Tour Packages in India or Golden Triangle Holiday Packages are meant to the most popular itineraries in the world, for all the travel freaks making their way to India’s tour. This itinerary can be covered in 2 to 7 days with possible combinations of other destinations that fit this. To get a package customized exclusively for you, then contact Discovery Full Circle Tours which is among the leading travel agents in Delhi since 1995.
What is Golden Triangle Tour?
India's golden triangle is a tourist circuit that connects the national capital Delhi, Agra and also Jaipur. The Golden Triangle is called so because of the Triangular shape developed by the locations of New Delhi, Agra, and Rajasthan on a map.
Why Golden Triangle Is Best Destination for Travel?
The Golden Triangle has three vital places (Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur) in the North Indian region that make it the most sought vacation getaway for the tourists. These places are located at a range of 200-250 kilometers from each other as well as are packed with history, culture and heritage. This diversity that is present in all the places of the triangle makes its route the excellent journey of odds!
India's Golden Triangle Tour
Most people when traveling to a country for the very first time want to take all the popular sightseeing and yet also experience something more genuine. The golden triangle tour that Discovery Full Circle Tours offer makes a classic itinerary for all the travelers with experiences that transports the tourists closer to the cultural heritage and ethnic diversity of the country.
The 'Golden Triangle' is formed by three of the most attractive states of India namely, Jaipur, Agra, and Delhi. The wonderful sightseeing included is the Regal Amer fort and fantastic astronomical Observatory in Jaipur and the icon of the whole subcontinent, the wonderful Taj Mahal in Agra and Humayun Tomb and the Red fort in Delhi. The rich heritage in the area comes f from the rule of Mughals, Maharajas and indeed the British.
How to Reach To Golden Triangle (India)
Are you planning a trip to Golden Triangle (Delhi, Agra, as well as Jaipur)? Here are some guidelines enlisted that will help you pay a visit to the Golden Triangle (India).
The Golden Triangle has earned its name from the structure that it forms with the three respective places of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur forming the most visited attractions of the country making it a renowned tourist circuit in India. With fast modernization taking place in this democracy, the facilities and also road-rail-air networks are also creating at a superhuman pace. How to get to the Golden Triangle? The process is completely simple with just a jump onto the flight and get to the places that are easily commutable from one another!
By Air - The nearest airports to reach out for the Golden Triangle include the Indira Gandhi International Airport Terminal of Delhi, as well as Jaipur International Airport from where commuting to the most favorable place becomes convenient. The Indira Gandhi International Airport of Delhi is the biggest airport terminal of India and also handles significant web traffic every day. Some of the significant major international airline layerings are Etihad, British Airways, Gulf Airways, and also Lufthansa, Oman Air etc. As Delhi is the capital of India, it has its easy and flexible connectivity with all the major destinations of the world comprising of London, Melbourne, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, New York, Rome, Istanbul, Dubai, Muscat and a lot more. On the other hand, the Jaipur International Airport is smaller in size and obtains trips from just a few International locations like Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Muscat, and Bangkok and so on.
Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Airport in Agra is a domestic airport combined with an army airbase as well as just deals with domestic flights. You can come right here by a connecting flight from Delhi or Jaipur. There are a plethora of the most popular Indian airline companies operate these routes including Jet Airways, Air India, Spice jet, Indigo, Go Air, etc.
By Rail - The Northern, as well as the Western Railways, fall along the Golden Triangle routes, being the nearest to Jaipur. Rajdhani Express is founded to be one of the fastest trains on the Delhi-Jaipur journey. Ajmer Shatabdi is also a specific train as well as covers the range between these 2 cities in 4 hrs 20 mins. You will also find trains from Delhi to Agra but we recommend you take the road for this short journey.
There are many railway stations in different locations of Delhi like the Old Delhi Stations, New Delhi Stations, Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway stations, Delhi Sarai Rohilla Train Station, etc. So ensure to inspect where your train is departing from ahead of time. The same opts for Agra, with Agra Cantt, Raja ki Mandi, Agra Fort, and Agra City, Idgah as well as Yamuna Bridge railway stations. Jaipur Junction is said to be a large railway station but it is the only one in the city.
By Road - The journey from Delhi to Agra is a wonderful road drive, with the Yamuna Expressway. You will certainly get a glimpse of the mighty Yamuna River, over which this bridge passes. Agra is located at a distance of 233 km from Delhi and it normally takes 4 hours to cover this distance.
The distance from Delhi to Jaipur on the other hand, is 281 km which takes around 5 hours to cover. You can work with outstation Ola taxis or taxis or exclusive autos. If you wish to travel in the Indian buses, then there are Rajasthan-run state buses called RSRTC or private Volvo buses which are a lot more comfortable for traveling to the destined locations.
Agra to Jaipur is 238 km and also takes a little over 4 hours to cover. Again, the RSRTC (Rajasthan) in addition to UPSRTC (Uttar Pradesh) consist of the neighborhood, state-run buses while many personal ones ply as well. Local taxis, taxicabs, vans and so on are likewise offered on hire. Do look for comparative rates before hiring though.
The Best Time to Visit India, Golden Triangle - Delhi Agra Jaipur - Month By Month Navigation
- The best time to visit India for sun lovers is from the month of October to February, when their god makes her most glorious appearances, especially in the south. The month of February till May is also lovely, although a lot more humid as compared to the former.
- Tiger and elephant watching is best during the hottest, driest months, April, May as well as June, as tigers appeared in search of water.
- Delhi and the Golden Triangle are best visited during February as well as March, October, and November for bearable temperature levels; however, you will obtain the groups at preferred sites. The climate is sweltering from April to June, with temperature levels soaring over 40 degrees C. It resembles the whole area is crying with relief when the monsoon rains can be found in July, lasting with August and also September. Roads can flood after that, producing one large viscous metropolis. It can be foggy and freezing in December, January as well as February. The Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays.
- There are lots of wonderful celebrations in January, from the Kite Festival in Gujarat, Bikaner Camel Celebration in Rajasthan to countrywide parties for Republic Day on 26 January. New Delhi festivities specifically are fantastic to witness.
- If you wish to go hiking in Kerala's Western Ghats, you are best to do so outside the monsoon optimal in July and also August. Houseboats do not often tend to be leased during this time either. March is usually ideal for hiking vacations in India.
- In Kashmir, Jammu on the plains is struck by rain as well as moisture throughout the monsoon, June-August, but the hills are cooler. Roadways can be closed by snow December to March, although you can likewise ski at Gulmarg then. Who knew?
- Diwali, the great festival of Light, is always a fantastic affair, falling in either October or November.
- Do underestimate how cold can rural central India in December and January - actually woolly hats as well as handwear covers as well as warm water bottles for nights as well as early mornings- however gloriously warm days.
- According to Ayurveda tradition, monsoon is the most effective season for rejuvenation therapies due to the fact that the pores of the body open wide enabling them to completely absorb up the oils as well as therapeutic treatments.
Best Tourist Places & Sites to Visit in Golden Triangle India
|New Delhi Sightseeing Places||Jaipur Sightseeing Places||Agra Sightseeing Places|
|Rashtrapati Bhawan||City Palace||Taj Mahal|
|Red Fort||Hawa Mahal||Sunrise Taj Mahal Tour (5-6 am)|
|Qutub Minar||Jantar Mantar||Mehtab Bagh|
|Humuyan Tomb||Amber Fort||Agra Fort|
|Lotus Temple||Jal Mahal||Fatehpur Sikri (50 km from Agra)|
|Rajghat||Albert Hall||I'timad-ud-daulah (Baby Taj)|
|Akshardham Temple||Sisodia Rani Bagh||Akbar's Tomb in Sikandra|
|Jama Masjid||Chokhi Dhani||Temples of Mathura/ Vrindavan|
|India Gate||Jaigarh/ Nahargarh Fort||Jahangiri Mahal - Agra Fort|
|Bangla Sahib Gurudwara||Gaitore||Khas Mahal - Agra Fort|
Top 10 Best Places to Visit during the Golden Triangle Trip
Delhi, Agra and Jaipur- These 3 Indian cities compose the Golden Triangle of traveling in India known to all. They are called so, as they supply a lively experience to the tourists who want to explore India at its finest as well as the purest form.
So, immerse yourselves in the spirit of urbanism in Delhi, romanticism in Agra, as well as realism in Jaipur.
- Old Delhi - Delhi Serving as the symbolic heart of Delhi, this walled city was started by a Mughal Emperor in 1639. Today, it's a burst of the brightest people and also buildings.
- Red Fort - Delhi Overlooking the river Jamuna, the Red Fort was built when the Mughal Empire went to its top, between 1638-1648. It houses a number of museums so you can take in some more fantastic history.
- Jama Masjid - Boasting the past of Delhi as well as contributing to its heritage is the peaceful structure of Jama Masjid, which is among the biggest mosques in the country.
- Amber Fort- Jaipur A honey-hued fortress place in the Aravalli Hills, Amber Fort is perfect for those who love fts as well as old monuments. It boasts a chamber of mirrors as well as the interiors is covered in decorative arts. You can also see for the striking sights of the gorge.
- Hawa Mahal- Jaipur This majestic building is called the Palace of the Winds and also was built by King Sawai Pratap Singh in 1799.
- Qutab Minar - Delhi The tallest stone tower in India stands 238 feet high. Built in between 1193 and 1369 it symbolizes Islamic rule over Delhi and also celebrates the triumph of Qutab-ud-din over the city's last Hindu king. The tower is made from 2 unique rocks for creative feel- red sandstone, as well as the upper 2, white marble.
- The City Palace - A raw comparison to the architectural styleof the Mughals, the City Palace of the pink city is the excellent sampling of Rajasthani culture as well as art as well as a stunning sight to behold.
- Fatehpur Sikri- Agra District of Uttar Pradesh This stunning prepared ancient city was the capital of the Mughal Empire between 1571 and 1585, during the reign of Emperor Akbar and also deserted on the emperor's death.
- The Taj Mahal - Is a massive mausoleum complex appointed in 1632 by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to house the remains of his beloved wife. Constructed over a 20-year period on the southerly bank of the Yamuna River in Agra, India, the famed complex is one of the most outstanding examples of Mughal architecture, which combined Indian, Persian and Islamic influences. Designated as one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites in 1983, it stays among the world's most celebrated structures as well as a sensational sign of India's rich history.
- Humayun's Tomb - Another architectural wonder, and UNESCO World Heritage sites as well as a spots in the development of the Mughal regime and architecture in India, Humayun's Tomb is located in New Delhi and also was constructed in 1565.
If you assume that's it, so wrong, here to offers the tourists a feeling of excellence in every aspect, Discovery Full Circle Tours clubbed this Golden Triangle Trip with several fantastic areas of India like Amritsar, Goa, Kerala, Varanasi, Himachal, Khajuraho, Shimla, Udaipur, Pushkar and many more. Then still what are you thinking, set forth on any type of Golden Triangle Scenic tour & nearby Destination Packages listed here and enjoy a rich holiday experience in India. If you still haven't found the best tour package that you were trying to find, email us or talk to our dedicated tour professionals.
Possible Trip Extensions to a Golden Triangle Itinerary
If you have more time, you can extend your trip by a few more days by adding another point of interest.
Some of the more popular suggestions are as below:
- If you are keen on wildlife, you can add a night in Bharatpur (for bird-watching) or two nights in Ranthambore (for tiger tracking) between Agra and also Jaipur.
- If you want to explore a little bit more of Rajasthan, you might drive from Jaipur to Jodhpur for a number of nights and also take the trip back to Delhi from there.
- If you really feel that the Golden Triangle has actually offered you enough of history as well as culture for a while, you can take a flight from Jaipur to Goa and relax on a beach for a few days.